25 Jul Now Hiring: Jr. Digital Marketer
Update: This position has been filled as of 8/27/18.
If you find yourself reading up on the latest in web dev or social media technology or find yourself looking at other websites and thinking “wow, this would be so much better if…” then this might be the best. Job. Ever. Part of your job will be reviewing client websites and figuring out how to make them better. You might not, quite honestly, be making the world a better place…but you’ll help make the Internet a less stressful place…and of course you will help our clients genuinely and authentically market their products and services.
We are looking for someone that can tackle a handful of tasks across digital marketing disciplines. That means you’ll write social posts, review content for SEO, research key influencers, update websites, or build out email campaigns from start to finish. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered on training. We believe strongly in investing in our staff and provide loads of paid training. Plus, we’re all cross-trained! So you have a lot of resources while you get on your feet.
As a junior digital marketer with TG Marketing Inc, you’ll need to:
- Follow tasks and due dates
- Communicate effectively with your digital marketing manager
- Have a positive attitude when learning something new
- Contribute ideas and problem-solving skills to new challenges
While it depends on experience, this position typically ranges from $15 to $35 per hour to start.
Working hours are typically 20 to 40 hours a week although hours may increase during large scale marketing campaigns and project work. We expect you to start as an hourly employee but may move to salary if it’s a good fit for both of us.
What to expect
- Most of our team works remotely; this means that you are welcome to work in your PJs if you so choose.
- You will have a Slack, Wrike, Gmail, Zoom, and Dropbox accounts as primary communication tools. You will have training.
- Travel may depend on the accounts you are working with; although we have been known to work remotely together in some fun locations from time to time.
- Work is fast-paced, especially for this role, where you will be expected to have short turn-around times and pay attention to detail (watch your typos and make sure the work is something to be proud of).
- You can expect to get Google Analytics certified your first month, followed by a custom training schedule to get additional certifications from SEMrush, HubSpot, HootSuite, and more. Some training is paid while others we provide a cash bonus for completing the certification. We’re sure learning is reward enough, but a little treat is always nice.
You must demonstrate a genuine interest in digital marketing. This is usually evidenced by work on personal side projects, a strong personal digital footprint, subscriptions to nerdy-marketing publications, etc.
We do not require an undergraduate degree although we will want to see writing samples and ensure you have an openness to going back to school for specialized subjects as part of your professional development.
You will need to have:
- strong verbal communication skills for articulating ideas to colleagues and clients;
- excellent written communication skills for producing high quality content;
- attention to detail and accuracy;
- the ability to work independently and flexibly;
- the capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects;
- the ability to work as part of a team;
- organizational skills with the ability to deliver a high volume of quality work;
- creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas;
- the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- analytical skills;
- knowledge of existing and emerging digital marketing trends;
- excellent technical skills and is comfortable learning new tools.
This may be your first job, but we doubt it’s your first time diving into digital marketing. If you don’t have work experience we want to hear how you’ve been involved in digital marketing for the past 3-5 years whether it’s been through volunteering, side gigs you found on Craigslist, or helping out a relative with their social media. If it’s not your first job, that’s great too! Tell us what you love about digital marketing and where you want your career to go.
Applying is easy. Send your resume and cover letter to Whitney DeBerry. Done and done.